Wyatt Design Group, Inc. in Pasadena, CA is seeking a landscape architect with experience in themed entertainment as a project planner and area development designer for theme parks and resorts, entertainment destinations, and urban entertainment centers. Projects are world-wide as well as domestic.
The Entertainment Landscape Architect/Planner position will have the following responsibilities:
- Overall master planning of large-scale projects with multiple components, including integration of waterparks and theme parks with resort and hospitality facilities.
- Area development design of landscape, hardscape, water features, integration of show and scenic elements, from concept through detailed design.
- Work cooperatively with in-house facility architects, art directors, and show set designers to fully integrate all components into a comprehensive master plan.
- Oversee and manage the work of specialty consultants such as consulting landscape specialists, lighting and audio designers, water technology systems designers, civil engineers, and others.
- Interact with client representatives and lead consultants in the coordination of scopes of work, including presentations and facilitating meetings.
- Ability to have fun while creating fun for others.
The ideal applicant will have 5+ years of experience in all aspects of large-scale master planning: programming, facility planning, rides and attractions layouts of entertainment destinations that include resorts, theme parks, attractions, and entertainment districts.
Applicants must be proficient in AutoCAD and Sketch Up at a minimum; proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Revit, and other digital design tools is a plus, but not a requirement. The ability to produce quick, hand-drawn sketches, layouts, and diagrams is very important.
Please send resume, a link to examples of your work, and salary requirements to:
Andrea Randall, Director of Creative Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
About Wyatt Design Group
Wyatt Design Group, Inc. (“WDG”) is a recognized leader in the themed entertainment industry. We have been recognized for excellence in design of entertainment destinations, exhibitions, and theme parks for more than 15 years. Our design and planning studio specializes in entertainment planning and attraction design for theme parks, water parks, entertainment destinations, and museums exhibits for projects worldwide. Some of WDG’s key clients include Warner Bros., Paramount Pictures, Universal Studios, ITPS, The Hershey Company, Busch Gardens, Sun Group, SeaWorld Entertainment, Silkroading, Yaox, The Chicago Museum of Science and Industry, and the LA Zoo.
Several of our projects have been recognized by the Themed Entertainment Association for outstanding achievement for theme parks, attractions, and exhibits.
Our in-house staff includes architects, landscape architects, art directors and graphic designers-all specialized in entertainment and attraction design. For large projects, we draw from our stable of specialty consultants to provide complete design services unique to the entertainment industry: content development, show technical design, lighting design, signage and graphics, architectural, interior and engineering services. We also frequently collaborate with large architectural firms to deliver comprehensive services as a sub-consultant providing specialized entertainment design for specific elements of large-scale projects. More information at www.wyattdesigngroup.com