Attraction Designer/Art Director: Wyatt Design Group, Inc. in Pasadena, CA is seeking a multi-talented designer/art director to provide lead design on new attractions, interiors, and environmental design for themed entertainment projects. Our projects are worldwide as well as domestic.
The Attraction Designer/Art Director position will have the following responsibilities:
- Overall creative development and visualization of a wide range of projects from individual attractions to entire theme parks.
- Develop attraction plans and layouts, integrating ride and show systems with thematic and content elements.
- Schedule and oversee in-house personnel and others in the development of concept through schematic design of attraction and show set elements, thematic architecture and interiors, costume and character design.
- Work cooperatively with in-house planners, landscape architects, facility architects, and art directors and designers to fully integrate attractions into a comprehensive master plan.
- Oversee and manage the work of consultants such as illustrators, 3D modelers, lighting designers, signage and graphic designers, show technical designers, and others.
- Collaborate with specialty vendors including ride manufacturer representatives, playground equipment suppliers, media projection vendors, light fixture suppliers, and others in developing designs.
- Interact with client representatives and intellectual property holders, including presentations and creative workshops.
- Ability to have fun while creating fun for others.
The ideal applicant will have 5+ years of experience designing themed entertainment attractions and must be an accomplished sketch artist/illustrator and proficient in Sketch Up, and Adobe Suite. Ability in other 3D tools such as Rhino, 3DS Max, Revit, and AutoCAD is a plus. Projects are primarily international, with some in the U.S. Must be experienced in working with many existing entertainment technologies: ride and show systems, media systems, interactives, active play environments.
Please send resume, a link to examples of your work, and salary requirements to:
Andrea Randall, Director of Creative Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org